Stratasys ABS-CF10 combines standard ABS (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene) material with 10% chopped carbon fiber by weight. The result is a low moisture-sensitive FDM® thermoplastic 50% stiffer and 15% stronger than standard ABS 3D printing material. Typical applications include manufacturing tools, jigs, fixtures and end effectors that benefit from the combination of increased stiffness and reduced weight.
Unlock the potential of carbon-fiber reinforced thermoplastic on the versatile, easy-to-use F123 printers (F170, F270 and F370).
You can now reduce significantly your tooling lead time by 3D printing them with Stratasys ABS-CF10 instead of machining. Depending on the application, carbon-reinforced ABS can replace metal for lighter, more ergonomic tooling. Combined with soluble support, Stratasys ABS-CF10 can achieve complex geometries that aren’t possible with machining.
ABS-CF10 has superior stiffness, high accuracy up to 0.2mm, and soluble support. This ready-to-use carbon fiber material is strong, stiff and lightweight, removing barriers to functional, high-performing parts that can be implemented in demanding real-world conditions.
The new ABS-CF10 material has:
- High stiffness-to-weight ratio
- Low moisture sensitivity
It is an ideal material for:
- End Effectors: requires stiffness
- Ergonomic Aids: requires light weighting
- Alignment Fixtures: requires strength and accuracy
ABS-CF10 on the F123 Systems offers:
- Short lead time: replace machined jigs and fixtures
- Better tools: upgrade quickly
- High accuracy: enhanced iterations with the F123 series
- Lightweight tools: produce lightweight aids, jigs, and fixtures
- Durable: replaces traditional material and/or ABS
The ABS-CF10 brings solution to business challenges such as:
- Long lead time
- Bulky, inaccurate, and/or heavy fixtures
- Tools getting lost or removed from a job site
- High replacement costs
- Lack required stiffness
- Limited ability to prototype, iterate, or improve parts
- Current AM solutions do not allow for functional testing
ABS-CF10 is available on the Stratasys F170, F270, and F370 printers, allowing for 2-7x faster prints than competitors’ composite material printers. The addition of a high stiffness-to-weight ratio and low moisture-sensitive material enhances the FDM jigs and fixtures offering of the F123™ Series.